Joy Christian High School/Early College is focused on our mission which is “Building Christian Leaders Prepared to Succeed in a Rapidly Changing World” and our purpose which is to “Make a Positive Difference in our Community”.
All of our programs and educational instruction intentionally are in place to assist our students with these two main goals in mind. It is our desire to prepare our students to be college and career ready as well as to build leadership stills that focus on all aspects of creating strong character and confidence in our students.
The following programs are in place to set Joy Christian High School/Early College above in the education field and offer a unique experience that no other educational private or public institution is able to provide. These programs include but are not limited to:
-GCU Early College Pathway Program
-Huntington University Dual Enrollment Courses
-Grand Canyon University Dual Enrollment Courses
-FLY Goodyear – Pilot Certification License and Dual Enrollment Opportunities
-College and Career Readiness Seminar Classes
-Community Service Opportunities
-Strong Biblical Curriculum with Mission Trip Opportunities Available
-Small Class Sizes to Increase Learning Opportunities – Average Class size ranges from 10 to 20 students
-Flexibility in Class Scheduling Offering A and Z hour outside of the regular school day
-Corporate and Small Group Chapel Opportunities that are student led
-Focus on Fine Arts in offering Theater, Choir, as well as Art and Design Classes
-Advanced Sports Training during the school day offered to all of our athletes
-Strong population of International Students from over 20 different countries
-100% participation in clubs and organization on our campus from all of our high school/early college students
It is the focus and goal of Joy Christian High School/Early College to honor God with excellence in all that we do. We are continually striving to find additional opportunities for our students to continue to be in the forefront and leading the way in our community and world!
Joy Christian High School exists to awaken and refine the necessary balance of courage, ambition, and intellect that will enable its students to achieve their dreams and equip them to conquer those dreams they have not yet realized. As a student body and staff we stand for, and are recognized by, the following values:
- We are bold enough to allow ourselves to be held accountable to teaching and modeling self-discipline as a means of demonstrating love to the staff, students, and families of JCHS. (2 Tim. 1:7)
- We will do the work that others are afraid to do. We will model this courage and require the same from our students. (1 Cor. 16:13)
- We set goals for each faculty member and student. We outline specific steps to achieve these goals, and are prepared to objectively evaluate our progress. (Prov. 16:3)
- We provide each team member with an annual plan which adds clarity and focus to our goal of awakening student courage, ambition, and intellect. (Prov. 13:4)
- We educate students in the knowledge of the Lord. We strive to constantly demonstrate Biblical principles with our actions and articulate truth with discretion. (Prov. 22:6)
- We offer cutting-edge, maximized instruction to students, allowing them both the rights and responsibilities of making their own decisions. We provide engaging materials that promote critical thinking. (Ezekiel 44:23)
Thank you for your interest in Joy Christian High School. We would be honored to introduce you to our outstanding faculty and student body. Please contact the school office to schedule a tour.
As JCS continues its pursuit of excellence in academics, student achievement is a primary focus. Student achievement requires high standards, supported by a meaningful curriculum. Giving credence to our mantra to seek academic excellence in all we do, Joy Christian School has earned acknowledgment from several nationally recognized agencies including the Core Knowledge Foundation, the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and AdvancEd - North Central Association (NCA).
AdvancEd - North Central Association
AdvanceEd-North Central Association has defined research-based accreditation standards that outline the standard for quality schools. The Elementary, Middle, and High School portions of JCS have all earned this distinction.
The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) also accredits schools that demonstrate high quality academics, but additionally demands that the school maintain a Biblical worldview and that the Christian distinctive inform every area of the school. We are pleased to report that Joy Christian High School has earned this accreditation.