Employment Opportunities at JCS
Ongoing Openings as enrollment allows:
Seeking Certified Teachers, Elementary through HS positions for the 2017-2018 school year. If you have a passion for teaching and feel called to ministry, we would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you. Candidates shall hold a current AZ Teaching Certificate and Fingerprint Clearance Card. The application is below, please attach your resume.
For 2017-18 school year, specific positions:
ELL Teacher: English Language Learning Teacher
5th grade teacher
anticipated opening for a library/technology teacher
International student coordinator:
General Description/Qualifications: International office coordinator, taking care of all administrative pieces for the department. Coordinating events, planning, preparation & implementation. Generally good office skills, good interpersonal and organization skills. Ability to be flexible in hours, days worked as it will vary. Academic support to Internationals students including bimonthly grade checks, academic improvement plan implementation and follow up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Hours; Monday through Friday 7:30am-4:30pm, 1 hour lunch. Hours are flexible based on the needs of the department.
· Event planning, preparation, implementation. Periodic weekend and evenings as needed for travel, events and activities. Periodic travel with students as a chaperone on student trips during weekend, school breaks and summer. Coordinators family is encouraged to attend trips which exemplify a Christian family lifestyle at no expense to the family.
Assist the Director in the following:
· Host family recruitment, vetting including home visits
· Host family communication and accountability including monthly residential reports, periodic relocation of students, etc.
· Student tracking, I-20 processing, airport pick ups, etc. Financial tracking, payment processing and record keeping.
· Processing of payments, following through process to the finance department
· Resolve student issues
· Collect student emergency and insurance data and ongoing management of the files
· Create project folders/notebook for all events and travel
· Oversite of student lunches
· Answering phones, messages and emails in a timely manner. Keep vehicle logs
· Promotion and marketing of the host family and international student program
· Student coaching and discipline
· Communicate with vendors and agents
· Create and update all forms and brochures
· Maintain clothing inventory, place and process uniform orders for International students.
· Works in collaboration with Academic Advisor
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
· Assist students in TOEFL preparation and testing
Preschool Lead & Assistant Teachers:
Due to growth in our enrollment we are seeking full time, year-round, child-loving individuals to work with our precious little ones. Candidates shall be flexible, organized, friendly and have a love for Jesus. These positions qualify for our benefits package. Candidate shall hold a current AZ fingerprint card and pass a TB test prior to hire. 6 months experience in a day care setting is preferred, but not required. Lead Teacher shall hold a CDA or better. Please apply below and we will be in touch.