Employment Opportunities at JCS
Ongoing Openings as enrollment allows:
Seeking Certified Teachers, Elementary through HS positions for the 2018-2019 school year. If you have a passion for teaching and feel called to ministry, we would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you. Candidates shall hold a current AZ Teaching Certificate and Fingerprint Clearance Card. The application is below, please attach your resume.
At this time, we are fully staffed for 2017-18. If you would like to fill out an application to be a substitute, please do so below. Thank you.
SPECIFIC OPENINGS FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR:
- K-8 Art Teacher
Check back often for updates to our openings
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS, CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR
- K-5 Music Teacher for Spring Semester. Please apply below.
To drive the financial planning of the school by analyzing its performance and risks, as well as assist the School Superintendent implement sound financial and accounting policies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent – accounting preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Previous experience of general and/or school accounting – 3-5 years
- Be committed to a relationship with Jesus Christ, as evidenced in his/her character and relationships
- Exhibit qualities of independence, initiative and sound judgment
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer and office machine skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- High level of confidentiality
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retain constant awareness of the school’s financial position and act to prevent problems – Funds Requirements
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly and annual basis
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Oversees workload of accounting personnel for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting operational requirements.
- Maintain documents, files and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail.
- Oversee year-end (fiscal) closings
- Implement and maintain internal control and procedures
- Assist the Superintendent formulate sound financial policies as it relates to fundraisers, capital plan
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned by the Superintendent and/or CFO.
2 Part Time Special Needs Paraprofessionals, 20-25 hours per week.
A qualified Paraprofessional will possess the skills necessary to assist special needs students in and outside the classroom. Under the supervision of the Behavior Intervention Specialist and the S.O.A.R Director the professional will implement strategies in the identified student’s Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) and the Individual Service Plan (ISP) in order for the student to be the most successful in the classroom. While in the classroom setting the professional will follow the direction of the teacher and model appropriate behavior and interaction with peers.
- A High School Diploma is required
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-changing environment
- Work as a team player
- Ascribe to the philosophy that all children are created in the image of God and can be successful given the appropriate support
- Assist students in following the BIP and ISP goals.
- Encouraging appropriate interaction with peers and other professionals
- Assist students with academics according to their accommodations and modifications that have been identified
- Reduce interruptions in class by recognizing antecedent behaviors and acting accordingly
- Maintain a daily report
- Provide a safe, non-threating and nurturing environment throughout campus.
Salary: $10.50-12.50/hour DOE Start Date: January 3, 2018
Full-Time Preschool Teacher - 1 year olds
Seeking a loving, caring, enthusiastic individual to care for our one year olds. Organization skills, great communicator and a team player will fit in well with our current setting. Candidate shall have at least 2 years experience in a child care setting, preferable with younger children. Candidate shall hold a CDA or better and a current AZ fingerprint clearance card. This full time, year round position includes full insurance benefit offerings. If you have a love for children and for Jesus, please apply below and we will be in touch.
Part-Time Preschool Teacher
Seeking a loving, caring, energetic, experienced, dependable preschool teacher for our one year old classroom. Hours are 2:00pm - 6:00pm Monday through Friday. Experience in a day care setting is highly desirable. Candidate shall hold or obtain upon hire an AZ fingerprint clearance card. Please apply below and we will be in touch.